Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Seeking God.

What does it mean to diligently seek God?

Diligent: constant in effort to accomplish something: attentive and persistent in doing anything. (industrious, untiring, tireless, unremitting, perseverance)  Now we know what diligent is.

What about seek?

Seek: to go in search or quest of, to try to find or discover by searching or questioning.
(quest: an adventurous expedition undertaken to secure or achieve something.)

I've always like to look at my seeking God as a quest an adventure, because in doing so you never know what treasures you will find.   It's always an adventure to learn something new and exciting that you didn't know before when studying the word of God.

You just never know what enlightenment you might get today from reading and meditating on His word, what new adventures may in store for you while you go about your daily routine.  Who you might meet today that may make a change in your life, or you make a change in theirs.


Life is an adventure to be explored everyday.  Just look around and you'll find something you haven't seen or noticed before.  There's always something new!  We need to get the wonder back we had as small children when everything was new and exciting, so it should be with our walk with God, for that way we honor Him by not taking for granted all we have.  I had a special blessing today (and though it may be small to you, it was awesome for me)  I saw a bluebird this morning, not to be confused with a blue jay.  It was the most lovely shade of blue.  I didn't have a camera on hand to take a picture of it so the picture here is one I got off the web.  It was just sitting out back on the top of the rake handle looking around and I watched it for a few minutes, then it took off.   I think that's the first time I have ever seen a bluebird.  It was beautiful!   

It's the little things in life that I enjoy.   

Well I wanted to share a few verses with you about seeking God.

Deut: 4:29  But if from there thou shall seek the Lord thy God, thou shall find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and all thy soul.  (I think it's wonderful that we can find God)

Jer. 29:13-14  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart, and I will be found by you, saith the Lord, and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations.... (isn't it nice to know that God will release us from our captivity, give us freedom.  God is so great)

Mt. 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. (read Lk. 12:31 also)  (knowing that He will meet all our needs is an awesome thing, but it's in His time not ours, we have to remember that)

Lk. 11:9-10  And I say unto you, ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  For everyone that asks receives and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks, it shall be opened.  (isn't that just marvelous)

And I just love this:    John 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.  (not only should we seek God, but, God seeks us, now that is awesome)

Well there you have it folks my thoughts for right now.

No comments: