Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where should I be?

I visited a church call Joy & Praise Fellowship a few weeks ago and found that this is the place I need to be.  I have visited other churches since I've been in FL but never felt at home at any of them.

My brother wanted me to come to his church and visit, which I did.  He picked me up and off we went to his church.  I wasn't moved or felt love the of God or anyone else there, they really didn't seem to care.  I visited my sisters church and almost fell asleep, also didn't feel the love of God or the love of others.

My thought on that is that I'm not to be at either of these fellowships.  It's not that they don't love and that God is not present in these churches, it's the fact that I'm not to be there.  I've also visited a couple other churches and the same thing: didn't feel at home or any thing else.  Like I said, it's not that God isn't there and accepting their praise and worship, it's I just don't belong there.

Joy and Praise Fellowship is where I belong.  I knew that from the first day I visited them.  I just love it there and am always looking forward to the next meeting.  I am so at home there, I cannot describe.  However I must admit I was a bit confused on the prayer meeting, it was like none I've ever attended before.

The only other church that I am familiar with as far as prayer meetings are concerned is Wards Creek in St. Augustine, FL.  That is very much over 20 yrs. ago.  When we went to prayer meeting and Bible study it was organized per sey.  The preacher would ask someone to begin and after that person was done then someone else would pray out-loud, etc.  After that we would have a Bible study.

The church I'm now attending we all pray on our own and then we all hold hands and pray together.  This is a totally new concept to me.  At first I was confused about the whole thing because this was not something I was used to.  The first time I went to prayer meeting, this was something I did not expect.  Doesn't matter now though for I have learned that this is something that's needed, for the simple reason most people don't like to pray out loud.  

I thank God that he has shown me this.  We can mumble under our breath and not worry that we are saying the right words for others to hear.  Oh and how we do this.  I remember many times I wanted to pray out loud when I lived in St. Augustine but didn't because I felt or thought that I couldn't pray as eloquent as the other who did.  It was such a struggle for me.

I am so happy, xtatic to know now that it doesn't matter.  God is good and God is gracious and oh so forgiving.  I love Him and thank Him daily for all the wonderful works that He has done, not only in my life, also in the lives of my family and friends.

I am so grateful that God brought me to Joy & Praise Fellowship, words cannot explain.   All I have to say right now is Thank you Lord for your blessings on me!




No comments: