Thursday, September 1, 2011

Angels watching over me.


There are times that we are totally unaware that we are being protected by angels until well after the fact.  Years ago my son and I were visiting some friends; we lived in Florida at the time.  On the way home we were talking and listening to music on the radio.  The drive home was approximately 20 minutes max.     I suddenly realized I saw a street that I had never seen before and that it was a dirt road, that I don’t recall being there.
I realized I had missed my turn, but wasn’t sure how far I had gone.  The road I was on I knew ended at my road so I just continued to drive down instead of turning around to take the road I usually took.   The road we usually took to get home was right beside a potato field with a streetlight at the end.   I do recall seeing the potato field and the streetlight, however the road wasn’t there.
When I got home I told my husband I somehow missed the turn.  Wasn’t a big deal it was just odd that the road had completely disappeared, it had become part of the potato field.   Shortly after my son and I got home my husband was called out. (He was a homicide detective at the time).  I didn’t think much of it; I was used to him being called at all hours.  My son got ready for bed, gave him a snack then tucked him into bed.   I went about straitening up then I went to bed.  I didn’t expect to see my husband till the next morning or so.
When we talked the next day I found out that about the time I would’ve been driving down the road I missed my son and I would’ve been caught in the crossfire of a gun fight.   God sent his angels to turn that road into part of the potato field so my son and I wouldn’t get hurt or possibly killed.  No one will ever convince me otherwise.
Angels watching over me my Lord, angels watching over me.

No comments: